US Embassy Kinshasa
- Announcement Number:Kinshasa-2019-056
- Hiring Agency:Embassy Kinshasa
- Position Title:Shipment Assistant Open to : All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period:09/05/2019 – 09/26/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:GMT+1
- Series/Grade:LE – 0905 7
- Salary:Not Specified
- Work Schedule:Full-time – .
- Promotion Potential:LE-7
- Duty Location(s):1 Vacancy in
- Kinshasa, CG
- Telework Eligible:No
- For More Info:HR Section
The U.S. Mission in Kinshasa is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Shipment Assistant at the GSO Section. The work schedule for this position is: Full-Time Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (04 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Hiring Path:
- • Competitive service
• Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification: All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
- From the Agency: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Security Clearance Required: Permanent
- Appointment Type: This will be determined after selection.
- Appointment Type Details:We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees (https://www.icass.gov/hr-oe/) before you apply.
- Marketing Statement: The U.S. Mission in Kinshasa is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Shipment Assistant at the GSO Section.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full-Time
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (04 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses:No
- Reimbursed:Not Required
- Travel Required:
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under direct supervision of the Shipment Supervisor (or in his/her absence the Shipping Specialist or the General Services Office Assistant), arranges and facilitates incoming and outgoing Embassy and all associated agencies (DAO, USAID, OSC, and CDC) shipments and customs clearance of all personal and Government owned property.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: One year of clerical and transportation/airport experience is required.
Education Requirements: College or university studies is required.
Evaluations:LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. This will be tested. Level III (Good working knowledge) French speaking/reading/writing is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic keyboard skills; accuracy in typing listings, reports, etc. is required (This will also be tested). Driver’s license required. Serves as incidental driver when necessary. Standard knowledge of Microsoft suite is required. Must be able to communicate clearly and tactfully with internal customers regarding information/problems with respect to their shipments.
Qualifications:All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications and complete a mandatory probationary period for LE Staff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Benefits and Other Info
Beneficts: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), locally-resident EFMs and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Kinshasa may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS in LWOP **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS in LWOP status with re-employment or reinstatement rights back to their agency or bureau.
What is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc? (https://www.icass.gov/hr-oe/)
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. The Mission may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current employees of the Mission who have not successfully completed their initial probationary periods are not eligible to apply. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory or MBC score of 100 points or less, on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees of the Mission hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment. This does not apply for employees on a PSA (Temp), or those are hired on a When Actually Employed (WAE) or intermittent work schedule.
4. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position applicants must electronically submit the documents listed below to be considered for employment. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible and qualified.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site https://cd.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ .
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Next Steps:Applicants who are invited to take a language, skills, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Kinshasa.
To apply for this job email your details to HRjobsKinshasa@state.gov.